Migration to Spain is of interest to many foreigners. The country boasts beautiful weather, a lot of beaches, a high level of education and medicine — and these factors become key for moving here for permanent residence. Spain also attracts foreign nationals with good career opportunities.
It is important to note that to move to Spain for permanent residence, you need to have a good reason. The local authorities have taken the issue seriously, granting immigration permits only for special reasons. Spain’s immigration requirements can include the following:
- The purchase of real estate in Spain from 500 thousand euros. Such a foreign investor receives a perpetual “golden visa“. After 5 years, you can apply for permanent residence.
- Confirmation of financial independence. The foreigner needs to rent housing for a long period of time and prove the availability of a monthly profit of at least 2 thousand euros. The period of a residence permit in this case is 1 year with the possibility of extension.
- Employment. Having received an invitation from a Spanish employer, a foreigner can count on an annual residence permit with the possibility of extension.
- Relocation or opening a business. The project should generate profits for the Spanish economy and create jobs. The duration of such a residence permit depends on the success of the business.
- Investments in the local economy (deposits, shares) from 1 million euros. An investor’s residence permit is issued for a period of 5 years.
- Admission to study at Spanish universities. Foreign students receive a residence permit for the entire period of study.
Family reunification (1-year residence permit) and marriage ( 5-year status) are also suitable for immigration to Spain. In the first case, it is necessary to confirm kinship with relatives who have Spanish citizenship. The second is to marry a Spanish citizen.
Advantages of immigration
Moving to Spain on permanent residence looks attractive for many reasons:
- great opportunities for quality recreation;
- a warm climate — the temperature in the country stays above zero all 12 months of the year;
- gourmet Spanish cuisine;
- a stable economic situation;
- the excellent quality of construction (you can get acquainted with housing in new buildings in Spain and buy a suitable property on the Realting.com platform);
- low prices for goods and services in comparison with neighboring states.
The advantages of moving to Spain include the absence of a language barrier. The country speaks not only Spanish, but also English, Russian, Polish and other languages. The main thing is to choose the right area of residence.
There are many companies founded by Ukrainians, Belarusians, Russians and Poles, in which you can find profitable employment. Therefore, immigration to Spain from the USA, Ukraine, Russia and other countries of Eastern Europe is gaining momentum with every passing year.