Turkey is considered one of the most convenient countries for vacationing and moving for permanent residence. Foreigners are guaranteed a mild Mediterranean climate, a high level of service and a large selection of real estate at affordable prices. The country is also famous for its hospitality towards visitors.
Immigration to Turkey: what you need to move
Foreigners are allowed to stay in the territory of the Republic of Turkey on a visa-free regime for up to 3 months over a period of six months. To legally stay here longer or immigrate permanently, you will need to obtain a residence permit or apply for citizenship. A residence permit is issued to foreigners only if there are serious reasons for moving:
- Visiting relatives. A foreign citizen can come at the invitation of family members and receive a 2-year residence permit.
- Conclusion of a formal employment contract with a Turkish company. A worker’s residence permit is issued, allowing them to stay in the country for up to 5 years.
- Admission to a local university. Student residence permit is valid for the entire period of study.
- Opening a business with more than 50 jobs or investing in the local economy in the amount of 500 thousand dollars . This grants you the right to receive a residence permit for up to 5 years.
- Purchase of real estate in Turkey. Regardless of its price, a foreigner receives a residence permit for 1.5-2 years. When buying properties worth $250,000 or more, which are available on the Realting.com platform, the owner can apply for Turkish citizenship.
Foreign citizens arriving in Turkey for tourism or medical treatment are also entitled to a residence permit. The document is issued to them for no longer than a year.
Why should I move to Turkey?
Immigration to the Republic of Turkey can be considered for a number of reasons:
- favorable conditions for doing business have been created;
- obtaining a Turkish passport opens a simplified entry to 111 countries of the world;
- after 8 years of residence, you can obtain local citizenship;
- visa documents for foreign investors are issued in an accelerated manner.
Immigration to Turkey also attracts many foreigners with affordable housing prices and modern new buildings. For example, on the Realting.com platform you can buy a comfortable apartment or a private house at a price of 1000-1500 euros per square, which is inexpensive by European standards. Higher prices are set for luxury accommodation in popular resorts — Ankara and Antalya.