The ranking of the cheapest tourist destinations has been published
The microfinance organization Post Office analyzed 46 locations in different regions of the world in terms of the cost that tourists spend to pay for their vacation. This annual survey was conducted for the 15th time. According to its results, analysts revealed that in more than three quarters of the studied areas there was a decrease in prices. Experts included in the list of expenses the cost of non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks, a dinner at a restaurant for two with a bottle of wine, as well as sunscreen and insect repellent.
Topping the rating of the cheapest holiday destinations this year is the Bulgarian Sunny Beach. Tourists spend an average of €32.3 here. The TOP-5 also includes:
- The Turkish Marmaris;
- The Portuguese Algarve;
- The Indonesia island in Bali;
- South African Cape Town.
Travel costs in these locations are €43.3, €51.4, €64.1 and €64.9, respectively.
According to the results of the research, several notable facts were revealed:
- The Sunny Beach has taken the first position in the ranking of the most affordable places for the 4th year in a row;
- in the Algarve, vacation costs have decreased by 16.5% compared to last year, which allowed it to gain a foothold in the status of the cheapest resort destination in the Eurozone;
- Bali was voted as the best long distance travel destination;
- Reykjavik has become the most expensive travel destination in Europe; Bridgetown, in America and the Caribbean; Abu Dhabi in the rest of the planet. The cost of a vacation in these places goes up to €151.9, €145.3 and €185.3, respectively.