Quad houses are predominantly one- or two-storey (less often three-storey) residential buildings comprising 4 individual sections. Consequently, they are designed to accommodate 4 families.
All flats in a house have:
- a common hallway and utilities lines;
- separate entrance;
- individual driveway;
- heating from a self-contained boiler;
- garage and parking space for the car;
- lawn or barbecue area.
Unlike other detached properties, owners of flats in a quad house have much lower maintenance costs. The costs are shared among the owners. Owners can count on a landscaped garden, round-the-clock security, and the maintenance of utilities.
Characteristics of quad houses
One of the distinguishing characteristics of this type of property is the cross-shaped division of the house into separate sections. The walls in the centre of the quad house are load-bearing. They are thick enough to provide high soundproofing.
Other characteristic features of quadro houses:
- Separate flats replicate each other in a symmetrical way. For example, bathrooms, living rooms and kitchens have the same layout, separated by a common wall.
- On the ground floor, there are technical rooms, storage rooms and boiler rooms. A kitchen, a lounge, a dining room and a guest bathroom are also on this level.
- The first floor is used for private use. There are bedrooms of the owners with bathrooms and toilets, offices, a gym and a common room for common use.
- There are stairs in the hallway. Space is left underneath them, which doesn’t decrease living areas.
- Some quad houses have a studio in the attic. It is often included in the design if the house is designed for creative living.
- Multiple entrances/exits. Often there is a secondary entrance that allows access to the garage or yard.
The fronts of the quadro house are designed to blend in with the rest of the village. When a house is built, the entire project is designed by the developer. The only thing the owner can choose is a suitable layout. If the property is built independently, the future owner has the opportunity to choose the best design for the house.
What else is important to know about quad houses?
Two-storey houses of this type are more common than single-storey houses. A variety of additional elements are used in the interior design of quad houses. For example, a fireplace can be included in every flat. The ground floors also have original panoramic glazing that allows access to a terrace or veranda.
is arranged under one of the following schemes:
- long term rental;
- private property;
- shared ownership.
The quadro house itself can also be purchased under different payment plans, depending on its status: or .